To view the most up-to-date list of publications, please visit Prof. Abramson's Google Scholar Profile:
List of Publications:
12. "A flexible electronic strain sensor for the real-time monitoring of tumor progression."
A Abramson, C Chan, Y Khan, A Mermin-Bunnell, N Matsuhisa, R Fong, R Shad, P Mallick, W Hiesinger, SS Gambhir, Z Bao.
Science Advances (2022). (Link). Stanford News Article. Nature Highlight.
11. “Oral mRNA delivery using capsule-mediated gastrointestinal tissue injections.”
A Abramson*, AR Kirtane*, Y Shi*, G Zhong, J Collins, S Tamang, K Ishida, A Hayward, J Wainer, NU Rajesh, X Lu, Y Gao, P Karandikar, A Wahane, D Reker, MR Frederiksen, B Jensen, R Langer, G Traverso.
Matter, (2022). (Link). The Economist Coverage.
10. “Ingestible robotic capsule injectors for oral delivery of systemic monoclonal antibodies, peptides and small molecules.”
A Abramson*, MR Frederiksen*, A Vegge*, B Jensen, M Poulsen, B Mouridsen, MO Jespersen, RK Kirk, J Windum, F Hubálek, JJ Water, J Fels, SB Gunnarsson, MWH Ley, X Lu, J Wainer, J Collins, S Tamang, K Ishida, A Hayward, P Herskind, ST Buckley, N Roxhed, R Langer, U Rahbek,
Nature Biotechnology, (2021). (Link). Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology News Coverage.
9. “Ingestible transiently anchoring electronics for microstimulation and conductive signaling.”
A Abramson, D Dellal, YL Kong, J Zhou, Y Gao, J Collins, S Tamang, A Hayward, J Wainer, R McManus, MR Frederiksen, JJ Water, B Jensen, N Roxhed, R Langer, G Traverso,
Science Advances, 6.35 (2020). (Link). Physics World Coverage.
8. “An Ingestible Self-Orienting System for Oral Delivery of Macromolecules.”
A Abramson, E Caffarel-Salvador, M Khang, D Dellal, D Silverstein, Y Gao, MR Frederiksem, A Vegge, F Hubalek, JJ Water, AV Friderichsen, J Fels, RK Kirk, C Cleveland, J Collins, S Tamang, A Hayward, T Landh, ST Buckley, N Roxhed, U Rahbek, R Langer, G Traverso,
Science, 363.6427 (2019): 611-615. (Link) MIT News Article. New York Times Coverage. Wired Coverage.
7. “A luminal unfolding microneedle injector for oral delivery of macromolecules.”
A Abramson*, E Caffarel-Salvador*, V Soares, D Minahan, X Lu, RY Tian, D Dellal, Y Gao, S Kim, J Wainer, J Collins, S Tamang, A Hayward, T Yoshitake, HC Lee, J Fujimoto, J Fels, MR Frederiksen, U Rahbek, N Roxhed, R Langer, G Traverso,
Nature Medicine, 25.10 (2019): 1512-1518. (Link) MIT News Article. Smithsonian Coverage. HealthDay Coverage.
6. “Quantifying the value of orally delivered biologic therapies: A cost-effectiveness analysis of oral semaglutide.”
A Abramson, F Halperin, J Kim, G Traverso,
Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 108.9 (2019): 3138-3145. (Link)
5. “Ingestible electronics for diagnostics and therapy.”
C Steiger, A Abramson, P Nadeau, A Chandrakasan, R Langer, G Traverso,
Nature Reviews Materials 4.2 (2019): 83-98. (Link)
4. “Pollen inspired microscrapers for minimally invasive statistical tissue sampling.”
A Abramson, E Gultepe, S Pandey, DH Gracias,
2018 IEEE Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS) (pp. 357-361). IEEE. (Link)
3. “Oral delivery of biologics using drug-device combinations.”
E Caffarel-Salvador*, A Abramson*, R Langer, G Traverso,
Current opinion in pharmacology 36 (2017): 8-13. (Link)
2. “A phosphopantetheinyl transferase that is essential for mitochondrial fatty acid biosynthesis.”
X Guan, H Chen, A Abramson, H Man, J Wu, O Yu, BJ Nikolau,
The plant journal 84.4 (2015): 718-732. (Link)
1. "Miniaturized Untethered Tools for Surgery.”
E Gultepe, Q Jin, A Choi, A Abramson, DH Gracias,
Micro-and Nanomanipulation Tools. (2015). (Link)
Selected Patent Applications:
Flexible Electronic Strain Sensor for the Real-time Monitoring of Tumor Progression,” 63/230,428
Silicone Valve API Compartment Sealing Barrier,” 16/619,579
Tissue Anchoring Articles, PCT/US2018/033204
Components with High API Loading, PCT/US2018/033193
Self-Righting Articles, PCT/US2018/033183
Self-Righting Systems and Related Components and Methods, PCT/US2018/033217
Self-Righting Systems, Methods, and Related Components, PCT/US2018/033210
Self-Actuating Articles, PCT/US2018/033187
Quick Release Capsules, U.S. Provisional Application No.: 62/672,841
Systems for Electrical Stimulation, U.S. Provisional Application No.: 62/672,926
Actuating Components and Related Methods, U.S. Provisional Application No.: 62/767,710
Single Administration, Multi-Dose, Multi-Therapeutic Capable Delivery Platform for Veterinary Applications, U.S. Provisional Application No.: 62/771324
Sudsy Water Fixture, US 20150315771A1
Potential Conflicts of Interest:
Potential conflicts of interest arising from patent applications, consulting agreements, previous work engagements, research funding, and other commercial agreements can be found at the website linked here: https://www.abramsonlab.com/aa-conflicts-of-interest